Have you heard about Trump’s proposed 100 Day Plan, the agenda that he has laid out for his first 100 days in office if he wins the election in November? If you haven’t, you need to read this. Frankly, I did not expect this.
Trump, before this election campaign, had a history of being rather centrist in his politics, but his 100 Day Plan lays out an incredibly conservative agenda, the kind of agenda that can make the core Republican voter base even more excited than they already are. Read some of the actions that he plans to take:
- Term limits for members of Congress by Constitutional Amendment
- A hiring freeze on all Federal employees except military, public safety, and public health (not hiring any more community organizers is a good beginning at saving money)
- Getting rid of two Federal regulations for every new Federal regulation enacted
- Banning White House and Congressional officials from becoming lobbyists for five years from the time that they leave office (I love this one. The potential to kill corruption and favor-buying in Washington is huge with this one)
- White House officials permanently banned from lobbying for foreign governments (no-brainer there)
- Ban on foreign lobbyists from raising money for American elections (if only we could get this applied to George Soros)
Add in a renegotiation of NAFTA, withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), free up American energy reserves, take money earmarked for U.N. environmental purposes and use it to clean up the American environment and water. He also says he will overturn every unconstitutional executive order from Obama, reduce middle class taxes, simplify the tax code, and kill Obamacare.
In short, Trump has proposed fundamentally turning the clock back to a more fiscally sound, limited government. He is proposing ideas that the Tea Party has been campaigning for for years. It has to have liberals terrified.
I wasn’t a Trump fan before, but this plan is making me rethink that position. I can’t be the only conservative excited about these ideas.
What do you think about Trump’s 100 Day Plan: Great idea or hot air? Sound off below.